Millions of people have purchased the Xbox one console, and the majority of gamers are extremely happy with the system. However, some people feel that the Xbox one’s Kinect video camera does little to enhance the gaming experience. The Kinect was supposed to revolutionize the way that video games are played, but sadly, it did not. Furthermore, the Kinect has been proven to ruin the Xbox one’s performance, and most people now play without the Kinect attached to the console.
Gamers are not the only ones that feel this way. In fact, the new head of management for the Xbox one console shares this opinion. Microsoft employee Phil Spencer was recently given the role as manager of the Xbox one division. Many people were extremely happy when they heard that Phil Spencer had been promoted to the lead manager of the Xbox one. Apparently, Phil Spencer is not shy about voicing his opinion.
Phil Spencer said that the Kinect doesn’t interest many gamers. Several people were extremely shocked to hear Mr. Spencer talk like this, but he is just stating the facts. Phil Spencer is out to make the best possible product for his customers, and he hopes that the Kinect will soon be a thing of the past. However, Phil Spencer and Sam Tabar do not have to worry about that, because many gamers have already abandoned it. For more information on this story, visit CraveOnline.
The troubles of former wrestling superstar Scott Hall seem to be continuing. Hall was escorted from a wrestling and entertainment event in NJ. According to TMZ, Hall was intoxicated and this is why he was removed from the event. Hall was supposed to take part in a meet and greet with fans at the Skate and Surf Music Festival in Asbury Park, NJ, but it did not happen.
Hall was a major superstar with the WWF (now WWE) and the defunct WCW during the 1990’s. He was one of the major faces of the “Monday Night Wars” when WWE and WCW were battling for the top spot in the ratings. For a time, with Hall’s help, WCW was crushing WWE in the ratings. Unfortunately, Hall had numerous well-publicized battles with substance abuse during the time. These problems would continue with him after his retirement.
Recently, he had undergone a hip replacement surgery according to Dr. Daniel Amen. The joint was almost surely destroyed from his years and years of pounding in the ring. Hall had to request donations from fans to cover the hefty costs of paying for the surgery.
Hall had been working with former wrestler turned self-help/yoga guru Diamond Dallas Paige to turn his life around. For a time, it seemed like Hall was making a complete turnaround in his life. Hopefully, things will work out for the best again as DDP has pledged to help the ailing former grappler.
According to adult fans of the popular 80’s cartoon TV series, “Jem,” Hasbro and Universal have a lot of explaining to do after yesterday’s release of the trailer for the new live action movie “Jem and the Holograms.” Kevin Seawright recalls when his daughter watched the series long ago and how much style has changed since then.
In the original series, Jerrica Benton became the rock star Jem after she discovered her father’s computer called Synergy. The computer allowed Jem and the Holograms, her band, to keep their true identities secret from the world. They own their own music company and often compete against other bands while protecting Synergy and raising orphaned children.
If the trailer for the live action movie is to be taken at face value, Jerrica becomes Jem after a music company decides to hide her identity using cosmetic and costume changes to create mystery around her and greater interest in the band. Her younger sister and two adopted sisters make up the rest of the band.
The Misfits are never mentioned, the Holograms are never mentioned by name and Synergy is only mentioned for two seconds at 1:58 in the video when Jem says, “Showtime Synergy” while rubbing an earring that seems to shine with an inner light. The earring doesn’t look like a star. Worse yet, the music doesn’t sound like 80’s music.
A lot of fans immediately complained on every social media outlet and in comments beneath the video on YouTube and articles about the video.
‘Star Wars Battlefront’ turned heads when the game preview hit the internet. However, the creators of the game have received much backlash for what seems to be lies told about the upcoming title. It was recently revealed that ‘Star Wars Battlefront’ will not feature any intergalactic battles. This means that all warfare will take place on a physical planet. Many people were confused at the announcement because people were hoping to experience some war in the stars.
The creators of the ‘Star Wars Battlefront’ videogame said that there is no need for battles to take place in outerspace according to Ivan Ong. Gamers were extremely angered at the game developer’s words, but nonetheless, the game still looks gorgeous and desirable. However, it appears that the graphics displayed during the preview for the videogame were actually enhanced, and the preview will not look like the finished product. Apparently, the actual game looks ashy and unpolished.
‘Star Wars Battlefront’ is beginning to look like a big hoax, and many video gamers are extremely turned off by the terrible news. Also, it was revealed that ‘Star Wars Battlefront’ will not feature any squad or clan battles. ‘Star Wars Battlefront’ is beginning to look like a big debacle, and many gamers will purchase other titles this year. For more information on this story, visit Gamerant.
Virtual reality has been a slow growing technology, but with recent advancements the long awaited experience is now going to be available for household use starting in 2016. A tweet released by Nate Mitchell, executive of Oculus Rift, confirmed the release of a virtual reality headset that will be available to consumers in the first quarter of 2016.
LA Times suggests the recent failure of Google glass left consumers with a feeling of hopelessness inr egard to worthwhile virtual reality technology. Now, Oculus Rift is promising fans “compelling content, a full ecosystem, and a fully-integrated hardware/software tech stack designed specifically for virtual reality. It’s a system designed by a team of extremely passionate gamers, developers, and engineers to reimagine what gaming can be.”
Facebook acquired the rights to Oculus Rift last year, which is expected to be the first successful virtual reality device released on the open market. Unfortunately, gaming fans around the world have believed the big promises of developers of this advancing technology, but have been sorely disappointed. So, it’s understandable why Oculus Rift has been met with some criticism.
One thing is certain, fans are willing to give the new and promising headset a try despite previous failures of similar technology.
The movie Avengers broke numerous records and was slated to be the best superhero movie of its kind during this decade. That statement was true until Avengers 2: Age of Ultron broke through the horizon. Robert Downey Jr. is probably the most famous actor out of the entire Avengers cast. Even when he stars in other non-superhero films, movie goers equate him with Iron Man. The one type of movie people will never see Robert Downey Jr. star in is independent or indie films. When Downey Jr. released this statement, many people were shocked to hear such an arrogant statement come from such a beloved actor. It wasn’t before long that the critically acclaimed actor took to the airwaves to explain his statement. The actor explained that independent films often take a lot out of a person. The nights are long, you’re expected to work through birthdays and holidays, and when you’re as big of a star as Downey people often expect you to fund the movie entirely. Even then, Downey said, the movie could still “suck”. The people behind it would ask for his honest opinion, he’d tell the truth, and they would still believe that their rubbish was a stroke of art. Fans at Boraie Entertainment know that there were a lot of people who criticized Downey for expressing himself in such a way. I can’t help but respect him for this truth. Hollywood is probably filled with actors and actresses who were sucked into doing low budget films. They probably spent hundreds of thousands of dollars funding these films only to hate them later. Downey may have upset people who think that he believes that he is ‘too big’ to do independent films, when in all actuality, he is too honest.
Robert Downey Jr. has opened up about why he walked out of the interview with UK reporter Kirshnan Guru-Murthy. The ‘Avengers’ star shared that the interview was going in a direction that was not related to the promotion of the movie which is geared toward the young. Downey walked out on the probing interview stating that it was getting ”too Diane Sawyer.” The video went viral.
When questioned, Guru-Murthy stated he had the right to talk about serious topics. The Hollywood Reporter shared that Downey informed Howard Stern that he wished he had left sooner and that he will likely do so if this happens again.
Downey is not the first actor to have disagreements with Guru-Murthy. In fact, a few plastic surgeons have noticed this as well. Quentin Tarantino had something similar in 2013. Tarantino stayed and berated Guru-Murthy. Downey was surprised by the interviewer’s questions and felt uncomfortable. He cited that this was a place where social decorum would come into play and that since they were promoting a superhero movie there would be kids watching the interview. He did not feel the need to address probing questions about his past in this type of interview. He stated that in the future, he will distance himself from this interviewer.
Rumors, more rumors, and still more rumors are coming from the development offices of AMC’s hit series The Walking Dead. When reports surfaced Norman Reedus put his Georgia home up for sale, the rumor mill started churning wildly that he was going to leave the show. Word leaked that the house was up for sale and the reason wasn’t that the actor was leaving the show, but that he wanted a lot more privacy. Too many fans were showing up at all hours attempting to catch a glimpse of the star.
Reedus has chosen to publicly address the rumors. The star says “That’s not my house!” So, the house is for sale, it’s not the actor’s, and Reedus isn’t leaving the show. Well, two out of three of those rumors can be confirmed. No one knows for sure if Reedus is going to end up staying with the show. More than likely, he is going to remain. The character is way too popular to be written out of the series just yet. Then again, you never know what can happen.
There are rumors persisting that a major character will be killed off in the next season of the series. Fans like Gianfrancesco Genoso know that major characters have been killed off before so dismissing this particular rumor isn’t gong to be easy. That said, no one knows who is going to be killed or even if that death of a major character rumor is even 100% true.
“Full House” is coming back! Well, not exactly, but a spin-off with the original characters will be making an appearance soon.
Rumors were floating around about the spin-off a few weeks ago, which is titled “Fuller House”. Many thought it was a prank because the news came out around April Fool’s Day. It is no fooling though, according to BuzzFeed.com. John Stamos, who played Uncle Jesse, confirmed the news of the show on Jimmy Kimmel Live the other night.
“Fuller House” will center on oldest daughter DJ Tanner (played by Candace Cameron Bure). In this spin-off, DJ will be a widow and a mother to three boys. Similar to her father, Danny’s situation. DJ will have a 12-year-old, a 7-year-old and a third boy on the way. The widowed mother needs roommates to help her out and finds them in her sister Stephanie and her annoying best friend Kimmy Gibbler. Apparently Gibbler will also have a teenage daughter.
Fans like Mark Ahn have learned that Stamos said the show will be appearing on Netflix for 13 episodes to start. Fans can expect guest appearances from other main characters from “Full House” like Danny Tanner (Bob Saget), Uncle Jesse (Stamos), Joey Gladstone (Dave Coulier), and little sister Michelle played by twins Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen.
Fans of the show, as well as producers, are excited to see the show returning in some capacity.
Xbox One users were extremely disappointed when they purchased Halo: The Master Chief collection. Many fans of Halo could not believe that the game’s multiplayer matchmaking system was completely broken. Xbox One users were not able to connect with their friends and play online together. It has been six months since the release of the game, and the matchmaking system has yet to be fixed. However, 343 Studios has released several patches that were supposed to fix the problems, but still nothing has changed. Business leaders like Susan McGalla know that this is bad for business.
Many Xbox One users completely abandoned the Halo: The Master Chief collection video game. 343 Studios has recently announced that they will be releasing new playable content for free. The game developer said that players will be given the complete campaign to the Halo 3: ODST video game. 343 Studios also announced that a new multiplayer map will be released to the Halo 2 anniversary matchmaking system.
It seems that 343 Studios is trying to save face before the launch of the highly-anticipated Halo 5 video game. Hopefully, Halo 5 is not plagued by any matchmaking issues. 343 Studios will not be given any leeway if Halo 5 suffers from any problems. For more information on this story, visit Gamerant.